New Member Introduction

Subject: New Member Introduction
From: D.Howard@kid0110.wins.icl.co.uk
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 12:11:44

         Hi, I'm Dave Howard, thanks to a slightly more expensive trip than
         I hoped up to Kirkbymoorside I've become builder number #309 -
         well there's a bedroom full of foam and resin.

         Firstly, thanks to those who have contributed to this discussion
         group since it was started. It was good to hear from real builders

         Construction wont start for a month or so whilst the workshop gets
         sorted, so some advice and guidance on a couple of matters would
         be a help.

         Resin Pumps - I think I'll 'invest' though I'm a little concerned
         about the accuracy of them. I accept there is a risk with them
         delivering duff mixes, but is this actually a problem in reality
         and is it any worse than using a couple of cups and scales? Also
         on the same topic, my kit came with two types of hardner, how does
         the pump cope with this ?

         Safety Equipment - I'll give SP Systems a call, but suggestions as
         to the most effective mask and gloves are most welcome - I think
         I'll come down on the side of safety rather than comfort.

         I've sat neatly on the fence and ordered neither a tri-cycle gear
         or a mono. Other than the obvious slowness of the tri-cycle and
         it's inability to drag itself out of rough fields are there any
         other pros/cons ? Is the tri-cycle any worse than a PA38 or C150
         in this respect ? I'd heard a rumour that there had been some
         cooling problems on G-KITS. I've done precious little flying since
         getting a FAA PPL a few years back so something that isn't tricky
         to fly kind of appeals.

         I'm sure there are lots of other things I should be asking but
         don't want to bog you down at the start.

         Finally, if there are any builders between the west of Derby and
         Worksop (the two possible locations for the building) expect a
         phone call ! If anyone wants to volunteer for a visit first please
         step forward....

         Cheers,

         Dave Howard
         (dh@iclnet.co.uk)