New Subscriber

Subject: New Subscriber
From: David Barraclough <106313.2726@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 07:23:55
Hi Builers,

I have just taken steps to add my name to the Europa Mailing List thanks to
the help from Pete Thomas. Not only am I new to the list, I am new to the
Internet and have not got to terms with the protocol/lingo yet! It has been
suggested I drop you a note to say who I am etc. so here goes.....

As far as Europa building goes, I am well on the way to completion. All the
major construction is complete, the engine (Rotax 912 - how boring but
proven!) has been in ond out again and the panel is coming along. I decided
to leave all the finishing process to the end so all the messy bit is still
to do. I will be very dissapointed not to fly to Cranfield in it next year.
I have friends up the road who have just completed and flown their Europa
(Tony Graham & Gordon Beal) so hope to get a trip with them in the very
near future.

My main use for the Europa when completed will be for touring and giving my
son, Simon, some flying continuity as a recently qualified PPL holder. As
an airline pilot on B757 & B767, I can't wait to get some REAL flying
again! Having been checked out on a PA28 recently this has whetted my
appetite for the freedom of light aeroplane flying. The only problem now is
to keep away from this damn computer when I should be filling and rubbing
down!

Regards to all readers and happy building / flying.

David Barraclough

Builder No. 13