Re: New listener

Subject: Re: New listener
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 16:27:06
Derek White wrote

>I am thinking of building a kit-plane and am very interested in the Europa

Derek - the nearest Europa to you is probably that of Richard Lamprey in
Nairobi, if you want to see one at first-hand. Let me know if you want to
make contact with him.

>especially if a four seater is/becomes available or a two
>seater with a little more carrying capacity. Has anyone put a little more
>power into a europa

A number of folk have installed the Subaru 100hp (or 118hp?) engine, but as
it's heavier than the Rotax, there is a payload penalty. (Otherwise known
as the "no free lunch" syndrome.) I believe discussion are ongoing between
owners, PFA, & factory about an increase in gross weight to compensate.

Any four-seat development is somewhere over the horizon, beyond the
motor-glider wings and the BMW engine package, I'd guess.

E-mail me direct if you want to join the Europa Club & get club newsletter
back issues.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...