North Yorkshire fly in

Subject: North Yorkshire fly in
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:53:46
Yes I did make it. As did Jon Tye, Jim Naylor and the Europa OLM, Ivan in Dotty.
Jim's partners flew in too in the 4 seat Robin, or is it a Jodel? and swopped
for the return. Good to see Jim and Brenda enjoying the aeroplane after the
early hickup. Trevor's organisation was well up to his now familiar standard and
a few people drove in. Rolf, for one.
We had a very illuminating visit to RAF Leeming ATC unit. It always helps to
know the other guy's problems. I still wish a few more Atcos were pilots...

Sadly we didn't manage to fit in the visit to see the falcons flying. No time.
did manage to give Charlie Laverty some stick time in GK Whip. His first ride
was a disappointment, I suspect, no horizon and I forgot to provide a cushion so
he wouldn't have seen it anyway. Second flight later in the evening we stayed
low level and had the cushion, so he  and the aeroplane were noticeably much
more relaxed. Trevor came next and had the pleasure of Dotty on our wingtip on
her way back to Womblington.

It would have been nice to see more people flying in but the weather across the
midlands wasn't so nice, vis wise. Nevertheless I think Trevor was well
satisfied that his (and Helen's) efforts were certainly not in vain.

It was lovely to visit another excellent farm strip and sample Northern
hospitality. Joan and I stayed in a superb B&B farmhouse with Charlie and Gilian
and flew back Sunday morning. Into a 25 kt headwind :-(
BTW, the bump moderator is getting better. I'm down to 10% or less bounce to
landing ratio, ;-)

Graham