Tips - Moldless composite videos

Subject: Tips - Moldless composite videos
From: ChuckPops@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 17:52:02
There may be some builders who are unaware of the video series on moldless
composite construction put out by Glassic Composites near Chattanooga
Tennesee.  This is a series of four videotapes by Stan Montgomery, designer
of the Speed Queen 200, on all aspects of composite aircraft construction
---From hotwiring to filling, finishing and making inspection panels.  I bought
this at Sun 'n Fun for about $80 for the set, and since this is my first
composite airplane, (my 4th overall) it has been very helpful and has been
well worth the price!  It is the sort of presentation that should be supplied
with the Europa kit.

Glassic Composites also present hands-on Composites Workshops at intervals in
Tennesee on these construction techniques.  A 2-day weekend workshop was
$149, discounted to $99 for Sun 'n Fun special.  I have not attended this,
but have heard from other Europa builders that it is VERY worthwhile, and
they picked up many techniques that were useful in Europa construction.

FYI, their telephone number is 423/332-8300.

Chuck Popenoe