Re: Latest Rotax mods.

Subject: Re: Latest Rotax mods.
From: Steven A Eberhart <newtech@newtech.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:51:08
On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Graham Clarke wrote:

> So we now have to secure the carbs. with parts (not supplied) which can
> "only be installed by an engine producer, distributor or agent ! (its
> only a bolt and spring ) Bet there isn't one in Scotland and anyway I
> thought we were building this aeroplane from a kit ! And resiting the
> fuel lines to avoid vapour lock is going to need replacement lengths of
> fuel line. Surely this should be supplied (:-(((
>
> gemin

The true measure of a kit producer isn't known until the first planes
start flying.  I expect a number of oversights, modifications, etc. to
need to be made simply because the typical kit producer can't forsee all
of the potential problems.  There are an awful lot of us that are waiting
for the first wave of customer built planes to fly to see how the factory
handles all of the oversights, modifications, etc. that are inevitable in
a new design.

Still a wannabe but getting closer to ordering the tail kit.

Steve