Are Air Tools Useful?

Subject: Are Air Tools Useful?
From: ChuckPops@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 21:08:36
I am a new builder, S/N A-36, am just finishing the tail kit, and am a bit
daunted by the tales that I have heard regarding the amount of sanding
required to finish the flying surfaces.  I am considering purchasing an "Air
Inline Sander" from Harbor Freight, which looks like it might be just the
ticket to reduce untold hours of manual labor.  It has a sanding surface 2.75
by 17.5 inches.  Has anybody any experience with this or a similar tool, and
does it work OK on smoothing the filler?

Also, Harbor Freight has an "Air Body Saw"  which also looks useful, for
cutting access panels , etc.  Once again, any experience out there?

Thanks,               Chuck Popenoe