Workshop Cooling Methods?

Subject: Workshop Cooling Methods?
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:47:05
Workshop Cooling Methods?

With temperatures in the upper nineties all week here in the Plains (today was
101) I wish I had A/C in my garage. Trouble is most in-built domestic A/C
systems only pull the temp down around 20 deg below ambient so I would be
spending a lot of money on A/C and still the temp would only be around 80.

With this in mind I keep my epoxy and Redux down in the basement (tornado
shelter - remember?) where the temperature is a pretty constant 65-70, so I
still get around 1+ hours per pot once I mix it in ambient temps which is fine
now all flying surfaces are complete and I'm working on the small bits in the
fuselage (rudder pedal floor panels this weekend).

I did one wing last autumn and one in the spring while the temps were around
60/70 so timing your big layups around the seasons seems to be the key around
here.

P.S. I've used both the U.K Ampreg epoxy and the U.S supplied Aeroepoxy and
don't find them at all smelly - although I like the Aeroepoxy better - Ampreg
seemed to have a residual tackyness for days afterwards.

Regards

Martin Tuck
Wichita, Kansas
U.S.A