Re: Inspection Panels/ routing cables

Subject: Re: Inspection Panels/ routing cables
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 09:45:42
I am not certain that tail inspection panels are "approved". However the
Owners manual talks about inspection of the trim motor. I have asked the
PFA, so an answer will no doubt come back in due course.

On cable ties....I posted a note about this quite a while ago - it was to
use up the dozens of steel pins which come from riveting. A couple of
redux or Isopon-40 daubs at each end allow the use of ordinary cable
ties. These are so cheap you can always cut them off and reapply. I have
actually left them slack till the great day to avoid tunnelling, so
further cables can be routed through if necessary. There is of course a
cord pull-thru left in place each time you add a cable.

I also have cables running up the tunnel to the fuel pump, a "cigar"
socket, and the trim control (which falls nicely to hand below the gear
lever}.  This shortens the cabling quite a bit but it runs inside a
plastic conduit to avoid damage.

gemin