Re: Re: Under skin Aerials , wot is a BNC Connector ?:

Subject: Re: Re: Under skin Aerials , wot is a BNC Connector ?:
From: Mike Cowgill <zeus@myth.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 00:13:54
/

In message <31935FCC.2092@wow.net> Ember writes:
> bryan.wilkinson wrote:

>I said in an earlier discussion, the BNC connector is a Bayonet Nut Coupler

I said in an earlier discussion, the BNC connector is a Bayonet Neil
Concelman. Neil is (or was) an engineer with somebody like Hewlett Packard
and designed it, the Threaded NC, N and several more exotic ones.

>and it has the virtue of maintaining the characteristic impedance of the
>co-ax - there are both 50 & 75 ohm versions - make sure you use the right
>one ! Maplins have them in their catalogue.

Maplin also have a nifty little diagram showing how to assemble them, so no
more confusing explainations from us! *Please* use the manual assembly solder
types. I have had quite a number of equipment faults (radio and computer)
which have been directly traceable to bad crimped BNC connectors. Even the
highest quality ones.

Mike