Re: Freight Insurance

Subject: Re: Freight Insurance
From: John Bampfylde <jbamfyld@netlink.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:03:36

>We used to think ATM terminals were secure until they started carrying
>them away on towtrucks!
>
>Tony
>Paid my GST and customs clearance :-( and have been assured that my
>tailfeathers will be with me Friday or Monday. Will believe it when I
>see it.

 A hidden message in this conversation for us foreigners/refugees from
Britain.  Make sure that your kit is insured DOOR TO DOOR. Europa insured it
to the dockside here, and obviously I wanted it insured for the short hop to
home.  Funnily enough no one would touch it, as the insurer would not accept
the risk without inspecting it first, ie at the dockside, to ensure it was
OK at the start of the short hop.  Grumpy calls to the factory got them to
accept the liability.

The factory may have got a policy sorted on this- in which case stop
reading- but don't bet on it.  If in doubt, ask the factory to put in
writing that it is covered for the whole journey.

PS mine arrived unscathed but with the wooden crate (with fuselage, wings +
trailer) on the verge of disintegration.  I did not get any problems from
Customs, but I wonder if they spotted that the wood used in the crate was
not treated....

Gluing in the tailplane tube this weekend.  I will be around North Wilts in
May for 3 days, and plan a visit to Kemble and Aero Developments there.
Anyone else in the area want to show me around their Europa?

Regards,

John Bampfylde  #130