White stick

Subject: White stick
From: Allan J Hall <100255.2004@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 09:59:38
<, the upmarket model
<using acoustic radar is under construction.

I like this idea, Graham, anyone that has flared high and survived the resultant
damage and/or humiliation would be a potential customer!

---From memory Maplin & RS do some cheap ultrasonic units that could be rigged
via
black box  to  bargraph led's or an oscillator for a tone in your headset, only
doubts I have are that as they work on reflected sound they may be unreliable or
useless over rough tarmac and grass. If you can make it work I'll buy one :-)

Don't like the white stick idea though, if gets out of place and points forward
30 deg instead of rearward, part of the post flight proceedure could include the
surgical removal of 1m long  white stick from buttocks!!

Allan J Hall #177

Allan J Hall #177