Re: Factory E-mail

Subject: Re: Factory E-mail
From: Tony Krzyzewski tonyk@kaon.co.nz <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 07:51:19

> This address is primarily intended to facilitate our normal business
> transactions and we are not a design authority for the aircraft. However, I
> can tell you that we built our kit in accordance with the manual, our
> aileron bellcrank bolts are in line, and the linkage is friction & slop
> free. We have logged 250 hours on G-ELSA (now N512SA) with no discernable
> changes  in the fuselage or wing structures.

Roger,

Thanks for "appearing" on the list at last.

Yes, we know we are not building shuttles but many of us are
investing a LARGE portion of our income and lives into building
Europa's. People ARE having problems with aligning bellcrank bolts,
they ARE having friction problems with linkages and as we now see,
the ARE having wrinkle problems with fuselages. Each of these
problems have been reported on multiple aircraft albeit a small
minority. To simply state "we haven't seen it on ours" is reminiscent
of many a (usually definct) computer company who fail to realise that
little problems have a very nasty habit of turning into customer
confidence problems and subsequent decline of the company
 - I speak from first hand experience here :-(

I am confident that Europa will be looking at these issues with a
special emphasis on the fuselage wrinkles simply because customer
confidence will decline if you don't. Never fail to realise that this
is a very small world and news travels remarkably fast.

Tony
Europa 272
(and the ship arrives in eight days - workshop complete :-)
Sent from Tony Krzyzewski's roaming computer
somewhere on the planet earth.

Reply To  tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Visit     http://www.kaon.co.nz