Re: >First time I've heard of using the cowling as a trim tab!<<

Subject: Re: >First time I've heard of using the cowling as a trim tab!<<
From: Steven A Eberhart <newtech@evansville.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 07:15:14
On 4 Apr 1996, Rolph Muller wrote:

> Guess Andy might be able to give us an answer at the Europa Club meeting.
>

> Rolph

I think "trim tab" is not what was actually ment.  It is standard
procedure on radio control models to build in right thrust to help counter
torque i.e reduce the amount of right rudder on takeoff.  If the spinner
cutout is off center in the correct direction it would lead to building
in right thrust (assuming anti clockwise rotation).  We should be able to
find out how much thrust line offset is recommended for each of the
engine options.

Steve