My first flight in N215SA a.k.a. G-ELSA

Subject: My first flight in N215SA a.k.a. G-ELSA
From: Steven A Eberhart <newtech@evansville.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 13:00:58
I was able to schedule our Spring Holiday in Florida this year so
naturally a trip to Lakeland was in order.  Europa Aviation's Florida
operation is located in several new T-hangers and is a first rate
operation.  I was able to spend a lot of time looking over the Tri-Gear
version that they have under construction.  The fuselage was at the
painters but the flying surfaces were being finish sanded.  Numerous tail
and wing kits were there waiting for orders to be placed.  Two fuselage
kits prepared and were going to be picked up during Sun-And-Fun.

Now to the fun part.  I got my first flight in G-ELSA (she now has a US
registration).  It was a little bumpy but a beautiful day otherwise.
Cross wind was 90 degrees to the runway so I got a chance to see how she
behaved in a cross wind situation...like a pussy cat.  I only have a
total of 48 hours of combined dual and solo time, all of which was 25
years ago.  One of the reasons for the trip was to convince myself that
the Europa was a reasonable airplane to get back into flying with.  I was
realy impressed with the stability and handling characteristics and don't
have any reservations now about my ability to handle the Europa.  Should
have around 100 hours or so by the time I complete one, you have to order
it first ;-(

Just thought some of the lurkers around here might like to hear from a
rusty old low time pilot that fell in love with the Europa and the first
date was a dream.

Steve