Roots postscript

Subject: Roots postscript
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 21:34:06
The factory has now said they are "not keen" on plastic fairings as the
bid "adds strength".  I would have thought so would the plastic, and as
neither are bonded to the fuselage it wouldn't be much anyway. However
they have spoken, so the bid must be added. You can still get the
advantage of  a glass smooth surface by laying up onto the plastic "off
aeroplane" and then laying the composite in position. The plastic can be
left inside or removed if you coat with release agent.

Yes I do know Graham (1) makes these things but a) he needs folding
stuff, and b) I am a touch suspicous whether a universal fit is
achievable. No doubt some statistics is now available on this latter
point.

gemin