Re: IFR

Subject: Re: IFR
From: David Gore <dngore@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 18:02:47
> Has a Europa been rigged for IFR, with Nav lights as we are
> interested in setting ours up this way?
>.... Rotax 912 Inverted....!

You seem you want to play it the hard way!!!!
   INVERTED, IFR in a PFA permit aircraft!!!!

Unless you want to pay the CAA LOTS of money for a Full certification
you are limited to operating a Europa on a PFA permit - which means
VFR, DAYTIME only.
 So why go to the expense of IFR avionics and NAV lights....
  A set of Strobes yes, and maybe you need a few more instruments than
the basic fit but otherwise it is surely overkill for the this type of
aircraft...

ROTAX 912 INVERTED...... NO it will stop... OK during Positive "G"
manoeuvre only... It has Gravity feed Bing Carbs which don't work
properly inverted...
It does have a "Dry" sump but I can't see from the Drawings any
Inverted oil Drains so again it looks to be "positive G" only....

David Gore - UK, Sussex
DNGORE@Compulink.co.uk
100013.516@Compuserve.com