Re: door top distortion

Subject: Re: door top distortion
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 05:01:14
Can now confirm that top bulges can be removed by clamping down and
applying heat - I used heat gun at two feet for half an hour- surface
temperature "touchable". If you melt your door you didn't read it here.

I have bonded cut down 35mm film cans over the back of the shoot bolt
holesto make a weather seal.

When fitting the gas strut bottom pivot (10-97 step 10) be sure to drill
the hole below half way, otherwise it will not be deep enough to avoid
contact with the reinforcment bulge of the door. Unfortunately this makes
 straight-in entry of drill and tap impossible from the outside. More
"small boy" work !

BTW wot's the 1mm gap for ? Have they really found it cracks if its not
there? There are no instructions about filling it or keeping it clear of
Redux which would otherwise fill it up anyway.

gemin no.83