RE: Ballistic recovery systems

Subject: RE: Ballistic recovery systems
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 05:52:24

wrote:

>Funny how these things happen.  I have just contacted BRS about fitting
a BRS
>to a Europa.  They say they are not familiar with the craft, but are
willing
>to dig into it.  I am getting some preliminary information by snail
mail, and
>will share.  Also, I suggested a meeting with a rep at Sun 'N Fun so
they can
>eyeball an aircraft.  Will keep all posted.

They seem to be an eminently sensible thing to fit, even if it is only
for the test flying period. The only catches seem to be the weight which
for a 1500lb recovery chute is some 39lb and where on earth you would
house and attach the system. The picture of the Cessna 150 floating to
earth underneath one is quite amazing.

Tony S Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Reply to tonyk@kaon.co.nz    L7, 19 Victoria St West
Date: 22/02/96                 Auckland, New Zealand
Time: 16:52:25                 Ph +64 9 358 9127

http://www.kaon.co.nz/europa/europa.html