How to create a web page

Subject: How to create a web page
From: Larry Portouw <72170.1636@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 06:32:44
Martin Tuck wrote: < So a web page would be a great idea ... only one problem
 how do you go about creating a web page then?>

     Martin, Compuserve will give you home page space up to 1 meg for no charge.
The easiest way to build the page(s) is to download their "Home Page Wizard"
tool.  It reduces simple web page creation to a point and click operation.  The
Wizard will also upload the pages for you.  I think you can get to it with "go
internet."   You will also need to register a user name that you can use in
addition to your user number.  I think that process is at "go register."
     I've downloaded the home page tool, but have not posted a page.  I've used
it to create a local page for my browser so that it doesn't activate the dialer
as soon as I load it (my browser home page now points to an html file on my hard
drive).
     A great and inexpensive beginning html reference is "HTML Visual Quick
Reference,"  by Dean Scharf, QUE book,ISBN 0-7897-0411-0.  It covers the basics
of manually building html files and how they work.
    There's lots of other ways to do this.  MS Word, for instance, has an add-on
called the Internet Assistant that is available for free on CIS or from many
BBS's.  In fact, its probably not to long until native word processors and the
current web coding format are one and the same.
    But, all the above is just and excuse to talk about Europas.  Where are you
building yours?  Garage?...

!
 Larry Portouw, Major, US Army,  Tampa, Florida
 72170.1636@compuserve.com -or- portouwl@ix.netcom.com