Re: Wing root fairing - it doesn't matter ....?

Subject: Re: Wing root fairing - it doesn't matter ....?
From: John Grant <grantdes@ayla.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 23:09:49

 we chose a 2"
>radius fillet extended to the trailing edge of the flap.

Hi Graham,

Congratulations on your first flights, it gives inspiration to those of us
sanding through the bleak winter nights :-(

Perhaps nature can offer pointers to fillet ratios (dorsal fins etc) they
certainly don't have sharp corners! and probably not constant radii anyway.

BTW  My query to you about trailering,  I have arranged van hire and will
pick up kit next week.

Congrats again,  I'm sure David Dufton will be pleased to include full
details in the next issue of the mag. ;-)

Kind regards,

John Grant.