Panels - again

Subject: Panels - again
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 19:05:14
Hi Rolph, just got back from Murky Moorside waiting for the fog to clear so we
could fly GK Wip.
It didn't clear.
Silicone cable isn't really suitable,it's not very resistant to abrasion, being
designed for uses where multiple flexing occurs.
Never use PVC. If a temporaray overload occurs it will melt slightly and the
conductor will start to migrate towards the side of the insulation. After
several such events it may well break through and cause a short.
Nyvin (nylon/pvc) is OK because it's glass reinforced, but when it gets very hot
it gives off toxic and corosive vapours.
Aircraft Spruce sell the right stuff, called Tefzel, but it's not cheap. I'm
planning to buy the more useful sizes in bulk very soon, so I'll be able to pass
on the price advantage. You only need a yard or two of the heavier guages so buy
that from AS or Wicks.
Graham