Cockpit module to fuselage

Subject: Cockpit module to fuselage
From: aa8nn@detroit.ampr.org
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 23:01:47
The next job after glueing the cockpit module into the lower
half of the fuselage is to make small layups into the brackets
that hold the fuselage quick-connect bellcrank. I found that the
gap between bracket and fuselage skin is almost 1 cm at places
and though that this would not contribute to the strength of the
layup. Therefore I glued wooden strips in place with 5 minute
epoxy and filled the area with flox before I did the layup.

Another point that comes to mind is that I had a binding movement
of the bar that actuates the trim tabs when the servo was fully
extended. Maybe I was a few mm lower with the servo when I installed
it. Still I would like to suggest to everyone to check the freedom
of movement of all controls under all situations.

This particular binding could have weakended the bar's rodend.

Remedy was to shorten the black forks that are screwed together
and connect servo to belcrank by 1 mm.

Have fun building and stay warm...

<Thomas>