Transponder Health Risk

Subject: Transponder Health Risk
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 19:30:23
Graham Edward Laucht
Thanks Graham,
 I think we'll go for the monopole TXponder antenna and try not to knock it off.
My experience with them is that the range is limited if you mount them inside
the structure so it will have to go on the bottom.

Aircraft Spruce are selling a very strange Comm antenna for composite aircraft.
It is made from thin Al sheet, roughly 30" by 12" looks like a very folded
dipole capacitance coupled. VSWR varied from 1.2 :1 to 3 : 1 over the frequency
span. Jon Tye will perhaps tell us if it works well. I suspect he will say knowt
if it doesn't. It wasn't cheap.

Graham