Subura Engines

Subject: Subura Engines
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 19:30:33
Reply to Larry Boggs
>>The NSI package for the Europa has 118 hp and I believe that it is an EA-81
engine.<<

That's right. NSI offer various states of tune including 100 hp. The next Subaru
Europa to fly should be Dave Dufton in a week or three with an NSI 100 hp.

The testing has been going well, I understand. They are changing the gear ratio
to better optimise the prop. Most of NSIs Subarus are flying in  Kitfoxes etc
with large built in headwinds so tuning the prop to the speeds is a bit of a
learning curve. I haven't checked the figures yet but my guess is that the twist
on the prop may also be too little for the higher cruise speeds. Regardless of
average pitch the twist is only ideal for one speed and Warp Drives are mostly
used on low and slow aeroplanes. Until now, that is.

Graham