FILLING (yet again)

Subject: FILLING (yet again)
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 17:24:07
>>I have found that the filler needs to persuaded to stick to the layup<<

We find that colloidal silica helps both spreading the filler and allowing some,
(not all :-( ) of the inevitable air bubbles to dissipate. We don't think very
dry mixes are a good thing in the long term, softer and therefore more likely to
get damaged in handling etc. The plastic microballoons sand easily even with
Cabosil in.

Life is easier also, if you can avoid putting new micro on top of sanded micro.
(Low spots etc.) The old absorbs resin and then becomes harder so doesn't sand
evenly.

Graham