Subaru Power

Subject: Subaru Power
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 19:23:06
I got lucky today  :-) Over the weekend I've been helping Dave Dufton with his
Subaru Europa, briefly tidying up things like the revised pitot position (on the
wing, and a simple to do mod) then towing it down to Kemble for Air Oh Dee
(Brunwin & Cross) to supervise installation of the engine. G-NDOL was there of
course and for once I was at the right place and time in space to be offered a
brief ride. (GGG)
Take off I never saw. 50 yards and we were levitated as soon as the stick was
eased forward. None of your traditional taildragger raise the tail and wait.
Climb was a magic 1200 fpm at around 1280 lbs. Handling was delightful, just
like Peter Kember's. The Subaru is almost as quiet as the Rotax, but with a
slightly deeper exhaust note, quite pleasing from the ground. BTW this was a 118
HP NSI engine.

Dave remarked that the next issue of the club magazine is looking a bit thin,
seems we're all too busy building or E'mailing ti write articles for him. I
shall try and write something but he needs a lot more. It matters, guys, so get
busy.

Kemble will be a superb venue for a fly in!

Graham