Weight Control/Cowling

Subject: Weight Control/Cowling
From: dmw@querandi.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 18:32:00
Reply to Graham Singleton

>>Weight control<<

Thanks for the info but it wasn't us that brought the subject up.

Our e-mail refered to the Aircraft Spruce & Speciality catalogue stating that
under
NO circumstances should you cover an
entire surface with PEEL PLY sheet as this draws expoy up from the lower layers
making the structure very weak as well
as increasing the weight. We thought it relevant in the light of the weight
control
discussion and the fact that someone did
suggest doing this very thing in order to get a better finish.

Just had a thought about the cowling problem. Why not connect a water manometer
to the cowling, if the outlet is restricted
it will show a positive pressure in the cowling. There must a relationship
between
the airflow, or lack of it, through the
cowling and the measured positive pressure. Will dig around in my books. Problem
with this is that you will have to drill a
hole in the cowling to connect the water gauge.

Dave & Margaret Watson