More Congrats

Subject: More Congrats
From: dmw@querandi.demon.co.uk
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 17:57:27
Hi Paul
We know it's not as exciting as PK's first flight but Congratulations anyway, We
know the feeling well, as today 5 mins ago
we finished our Rudder close out box, what a piglet that was, bid is a so and so
and has a mind of it's own!!!!!

We also noticed that PK's weight was 100+ lbs over, and would be interested to
know why?  How about a register being kept of
finshed projects listing weights basic equipment etc., and any other important
parameters.  We don't mind keeping a list like
this and having it available for any interested builders.  Further we will be
weighing
all components as we complete them,
can't compare them against anything, but someone may be able to make comparisons
with ours. May be we could also include this
in the Register, very usual stats for current and future builders.

Has anybody seen the article of Tony Wakefields' in the new PFA Mag, very
impressive,
He mentions using a couple of RS
Components parts,  Farnell Electronic in Leeds are cheaper and have a bigger
range.
Will bring a copy of their catalogue to
Doncaster for anyone interested.  By the way I (Dave) work for FEC.

Have just acquired a copy of Aircraft Spruce & Speciality Catalogue, very useful
refernce book, and have all details and
equipment on vacuum bagging process.  An interesting note in the composite
section
states that you should not cover entire
surfaces with peel ply sheet as this can draw out to much epoxy from the lower
surface, making the layup  weak and increasing
 the overall weight, sounds like one for you to comment on Graham Singleton as
the composite guru.

:-):-)

Dave & Margaret Watson