Autumn Gathering

Subject: Autumn Gathering
From: Peter Thomas <100335.3566@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 07:25:41
Hello Everyone

I have just received from Trevor Jackson the final details of the Europa Clubs
Autumn Gathering to be held at the Mount Pleasant Hotel, Doncaster, UK on the
11th & 12th of November.

As promised here are the list of speakers. Please send directly to me any
questions you would like to ask them. It is my intention to corner as many
speakers as possible and request they reply to your questions via the list for
all subscribers to read.

Programme of Events
--------------------------

Saturday
1.15    Europa Aviation News, Q&A Session : Ivan Shaw & Andy Draper
1.00    Discount Avionics/Narco. Panels & Instruments : Saddique Ahmed
2.45    Lyndhurst Touchdown Services. Ecoprop VP Propellers : Jerry Davis
3.45    ADL Subaru Engine Update : Graham Brunwin & Melvin Cross
4.30    Finishing and Painting : Collin Noakes
5.15    First Impressions : Peter Kember

Sunday
10.00   Radios, Refinements & Alternative Methods : Graham Singleton
10.45   Learning to fly your Europa : Martin Stoner
11.45   Mid-West Aero Engines AE100R : Ken Huntley
12.30   Open Q&A Session.

There is a footnote to the programme of events that reads.....

David Dufton will be on hand to give advice and share his experiences of
setting up an instrument panel. Peter Thomas will be giving a demonstration of
the Europa information network on the Internet [!!!!!!] Unfortunately M4
Microlights have cancelled as their Yamaha engine project is not yet ready for
public presentation. They hope to be able to attend the next meeting, so stay
tuned

The demonstration of the Europa information network on the Internet will take
the form of a rolling Power Point slide show on as big a monitor as I can
beg/borrow/steal. In-between appropriate bullets and diagrams I will include
screen shots of relevant pages of the Web etc. If anyone has any ideas how to
make this as interesting as possible please please let me know. One thought just
occurred to me, how about a few quotes from satisfied subscribers to the list
(are there any ? <g>).

I would love to be able to show a map of the world showing the global
distribution of subscribers. To this end you may remember I sent out a
questionnaire asking you all for a few details about yourselves. If you havent
yet responded to this survey it would be great to hear from you ! <g>
(Regardless of whether or not you are currently building)

The results of this survey are now in the archives. To REQUEST a copy just send
the following text in the body of a message to the europa-request@avnet.co.uk
address. As usual the subject does not matter.

get europa survey.txt

For your information, all 60 messages from September that were exchange between
the 115 subscribers of the list may now be read on the web at .......

http://www.avnet.co.uk/europa/index.html

Just follow the links to the archives. Yet again, many many thanks to Monu of
Avnet for creating these html versions of the messages.

Hope to see you at Doncaster

Pete

100335.3566@compuserve.com