912 vs 914 Rotax

Subject: 912 vs 914 Rotax
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 20:44:07
<< Re: Is the 914 worth the extra money? >>

I guess on the East or West coast of the U.S. you would not really need the
short airfield performance the Europa provides. I am in the middle however and
only about 1.5 hours (Europa speed) from the Rockies - Denver and all that. I
would be interested to know what the take-off and climb performance is like on
the Rotax 912 (my prefered choice too on cost grounds). Is the performance
section of the operators manual been done yet? What's it like at 5,000 ft on a
30 C day?

I am interested in a variable pitch prop which would maximize power on take-off
and climb and then optimize cruise speed. The team at Europa were going to test
a variable pitch prop, has anyone heard how things went?

Regards
Martin J K Tuck
Builder #152
Wichita, Kansas.