Intro/Mods

Subject: Intro/Mods
From: Rolph Muller <100031.533@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 11:58:38
Hi - I'm Rolph Muller, builder 37 - or so Peter keeps telling me - by the way
Peter I don't know how you have time to do it but it's impressive.
Back to the subject however - I've been building nearly two years and am
currently putting in the landing gear. In fact I went to the factory to pick up
some parts that were outstanding and learnt of an interesting mod. If you are
about to put in the wing lift pins and haven't received the new longer ones for
the leading edge wait! Otherwise the old ones will have to come out - I'm
working up courage to take a small blow torch to them. No doubt Andy will go
into print in due course. It is also apparently not necessary to cut away the
spare holes in the base plate for the shock absorber - I'd just had it spray
coated when I received the mod so I was relieved to say the least.
Finally, for those who are giving serious thoughts to engines and have lots of
loot to spare, I am advised by a friend who visits the Rotax factory that
production of the 914 is planned for the end of the year - but then again I'm
not sure I believe in Santa.