Another introduction

Subject: Another introduction
From: dvmajor@asiaonline.net
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 13:58:45
Hi Guys,
My name is David Major and I have been following the progress of the Europa
since
it first appeared in Flight International magazine.  I became an enthusiast
after seeing the Europa at last years PFA rally at Cranfield.  Thanks to Pete
for putting this mailing list together - the archives already make interesting

reading.  I intend to become a rookie builder sometime next year.  Right now I

live in Hong Kong and I fly the Lockheed L1011 Tristar for Cathay Pacific.  It

looks like I will take early retirement at the end of this year and that means

returning to Cheltenham, England.

I have lots of the wrong sort of experience for this project - 12 years in the

RAF followed by 16 years with Cathay - all jet time but with lots of
instructional hours.  My building and engineering skills are limited to the
construction of radio controlled model aircraft.  I last flew a C-150 in 1967
so I hope its like riding a bicycle!

My first job is to rebuild the garage to incorporate a suitable workshop for
this project.  To that end, any tips (dos and donts) gratefully
received......