Covering and finishing all of the foam

Subject: Covering and finishing all of the foam
From: Steven A Eberhart <newtech@evansville.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:36:53
On 30 Jul 1995, nicholas davies wrote:
[snip]
> Next a few discussion points.
>       Build time. Any advance on 2,000 hours? I've done 550 so far, I'm just
> starting the wing trailing edges, no profiling. Rule of thumb wd. seem to be,
> the profiling of the flying surfaces takes as long as building them. I know
> that
> professionals took 160 hours to profile a europas flying surfaces. If only the
> wings were pre-preg like the fuselage! I reckon that would halve the total
> build
> time.
[snip]

Does anyone have any experience in vacuum bagging a wing?  I have read
articles about R/C models using the vacuum bag technique.  The resulting
wing needs very little finishing.  If I remember correctly the layers are:
foam, glass & epoxy, peel ply, absorbant blanket, mylar bag.  Pull a
vacuum and let cure.  Will dig out the articles and update this post with
something more substantial than my failing memory (next year is the big
50 you know :( .

Steve