New addition to the list

Subject: New addition to the list
From: CarlReynaudatRAYRMCNAUTECH@ccmail.eo.ray.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:38:58
     Hello folks.  This is just to briefly introduce myself, and get to
     grips with the mail handler (I'm fairly new to this game).  My name is
     Carl Reynaud, I live and work in Portsmouth, on the south coast of
     England.  I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession and work for a
     company designing instrumentation and control units for the
     recreational marine market.

     I have been involved with aircraft in one form or another from an
     early age, my Father was in the RAF.  I started with model aircraft
     and have done gliding, paragliding and microlighting.

     I bought the first kit last September last year, but didn't start
     building until November, the workshop wasn't finished!  To anyone who
     hasn't taken the plunge yet, take heart, I am operating on the BAYE
     principle (build as you earn) and I don't have a large workshop (8ft x
     23ft 6in).

     So far things are going fairly smoothly.  All the pieces have fitted
     well.  The only exception are the flap cores, which I am currently
     working on.  The jig blocks do not meet the exacting standards set by
     other components.  I am having difficulty in getting them totally flat
     and with the correct amount of washout.

     One question I am interested in throwing open is the choice of
     engines.  The new Zoche diesels look particularly interesting.  Has
     anyone investigated these?

     I must close by thanking everyone involved in setting up and running
     this facility.  I am sure that this will become a thriving forum for
     debate and help

     Happy Building

     Carl