Welcome

Subject: Welcome
From: Graham Edward Laucht <graham@ukavid.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 1995 10:47:35
Thankyou Peter for all the hard work in setting up the list.

I hope it will be as succesful as the many other type specific listservers,
such as the Kitfox/Avid and RV groups.

One suggestion which may be worth contemplating in time is the possibility of
setting up an FTP site where the list may be archived for back reference,
where sketches and photos can be stored for reference. I don't know what the
bandwidth rules are here but in general including big encoded pictures or
sketches with mailings is generally frowned upon by list managers. Maybe the
Avnet boys may have some spare capacity.

There is now wide interest amongst the American community for the Europa so it
might also be worth "advertising" the list on the net through
rec.aviation.homebuilt, sci.aeronautics and the aol links.

--
Graham Edward Laucht
Birmingham UK