Re: Europa-List: Re: Flap binding issue - how to shorten the flap actuat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Flap binding issue - how to shorten the flap actuating
From: Ron Jones <jron.jones@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 17:18:08
cross

Hi Bud / Jeff,

It seems you are talking about a small amount of tube- shortening ( 1 or 2 mil
perhaps?) Is it worth considering shortening the flap? The glass flange at the
tip of the flap could stand being reduced that amount without undue weakening
(I think!) and there is enough "spring" in the hinges to allow that - or spacers
added to the hinge bolts?
(I should add that its 25 years since I was at that stage on my Mono so it's all
a bit hazy now!)

Regards to you both,
Ron Jones,