Europa-List: Redux 420

Subject: Europa-List: Redux 420
From: Peter pender <ppen@live.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 02:56:38

Hi all, glad to see the list up and going again, thought it was just me that had
been retired.
Firstly, kit A217 is now a flying Europa. Started in US by Steve Dunsmuir and
completed
and flown a few weeks ago by myself, 15 hrs so far and going great.
Since we here in Victoria, Oz are in a lockdown every second week and I have
another
XS kit  I thought I may as well build one completely.
Here's the tech question,
The kit is 99 era so epoxy and redux out of date. Have been using MGS epoxy and
ordered one kit of redux to do metal to metal and metal to plastic but because
the shelf life is so limited and it's very costly down here was wondering if
anyone has an alternative or would epoxy with flock be ok for plastic to
plastic,
ie, cockpit module. We are experimental here in OZ so don't have to strictly
stick to the manual.
 As a side note I saw where someone had tested out of date redux and I can
verify
twenty year old stuff still goes hard and sticks like the proverbial.

Cheers Peter

Read this topic online here: