Re: Europa-List: Prop Pitch Tool

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Prop Pitch Tool
From: fklein@orcasonline.com <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 14:28:19

twas me Christhank you for this additional infoalas, I do not find the pdf you
referenced.

Fred
A194

> On Sep 9, 2021, at 1:44 PM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Someone asked for more info on the pitch tool I made which I then retrofitted
with a laser pointer. I am enclosing a pdf here with a template for making it.

> Can't take credit since the tool itself I patterned from a friend who bought
a new prop and the tool came with it (Whirlwind). But it's just a simple plywood
tool with grooves to hold on the the LE and TE of the prop. I just glued a
laser pointer I had laying around.

> I tested the tool by rotating it around and rechecking the spot position on
> the
ground multiple times and it is very repeatable. But you should check by noting
the position of the spot on all blades a few times after you set the pitch.
I only chocked the airplane and did the adjustment. Of course, removing the
plugs would help but I didn't find it necessary, I just spin the prop slowly
and carefully. Don't forget to put some wood blocks under the outriggers if you
have a mono like me.

> Last, don't forget to ensure the blades are at the same level position when
> you
test (I use a digital protractor) and the tool is at the same place radially.
But I didn't go overboard (except making sure blades are at the same position
with the protractor when you swap them.