Europa-List: One radio many sound inputs

Subject: Europa-List: One radio many sound inputs
From: trevord <trevord@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:36:59

Hello All,

As my lovely gauges arrived for the Europa, they all seem to have SOUND outputs.
Meanwhile, my XCOM 760 Radio has a single "MUSIC" input.

Looking for Audio Panels, I find lovely bits of kit from $2000 to $7000 which
seems
excessive on a 2 place homebuilt. Meanwhile, I can buy a HiFi Quality sound
mixer meant for street buskers for around $65 - most of these will require
a voltage converter from 12v to the classic USB 5v, but otherwise very cheap.

What are other builders doing ?

I have 2 x AV30 that can scream at you if you exceed AOA, The Kanardia airspeed
indicator that can warn if exceeded VNE etc, even my trusty old Garmin 296 can
speak to me in UK English (have not had this working yet), plus a stall warner
and so on, so I am thinking I will need around 4 to 6 sound inputs to feed
my XCOM radio if I wish the sound to be played over the headsets. Once
reasonable
levels are set, I will not likely need to adjust the input sound levels.

My Bose A20 already has a music input jack point, so I actually have that bit
covered.

Thoughts ?

--------
Trevor