Re: Europa-List: Fuel Pump Vent/Drain Line Routing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Pump Vent/Drain Line Routing
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:58:00
I took a short piece of flex tube, 6mm fuel tube, and then interfaced
with a piece of copper tube, you could use 6mm aluminium, to route past
all the hot bits and then along the radiator ducts to rear.

Alan
G-OBJT

> On 16 Jan 2020, at 18:22, Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Lucky you - yours was free :-)
>
> On my classic cowl, after looking it over and seeing hot stuff
everywhere between the pump and the rear of the cowl,  I decided to pop
a hole in the cowl below the pump and redux in a small tube stub, sanded
flush with the exterior.  I then run silicone hose between the pump and
the tube.  On the classic I figure any fuel from a blown diaphragm will
stream rearward along the outside of the cowl, hopefully missing the hot
bits - that's the theory anyway lol

<mailto:europaul383@hotmail.com>> wrote:
<europaul383@hotmail.com <mailto:europaul383@hotmail.com>>

> How have others routed a drain line from the replacement Corona
mechanical pump? (SB-912-063UL free replacement). This is on a 912 ULS
and standard XS Cowl & FWF.

> I used Tygon tube and found what I thought was a route avoiding heat
sources etc - turned out not to be, when the tube caught fire after a
ground run... this stuff is aviation grade: fuel, acid but not
fire-proof!

<http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=494307#494307>

target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List