Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery independent power supply for Rotax 914 fuel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery independent power supply for Rotax 914 fuel
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:16:08
pumps

Actually I think we worry too much about this.

When was the last time you had a (modern) car stop once it was running?  I
cant remember this ever happening to me and I have some pretty ropy cars.
I once had a BMW R75/6 stop because the capacitor failed but apart from
that I cant think of a single instance of an internal combustion engine
stopping once it was running -  including a wide variety of tanks,
motorbikes cars etc in nigh on 40 years of driving.

Come to think of it I cant remember any of my parents cars stopping once
they were running - ah yes once when the fuel filter was almost blocked.

Normally if they start and you feed them they continue to run.

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744