Europa-List: Dynon FlightDEK D180

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon FlightDEK D180
From: trevord <trevord@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 13:35:35

Hello All,

With my incomplete kit arrived a FlightDEK D180 still in the box. Investigation
indicates this is an early one before the Super Bright option arrived. I
personally
prefer round dials not simulated by a screen, so I am thinking of "going
back" to getting nice round clear instruments for my finished kit.

Does anyone have experience of the older FlightDEK D180 and if this is worth
pursuing
and what advantages if any there of the EFIS are over nice clear round
dials which fail independently. It looks to me that it just saves panel space
and looked cool perhaps 10 years ago... to me they just seem hard to read.
Apparently
it can be "upgraded" to the bright screen for $400, but of course it will
still be the small screen.

Thoughts ?

Regards
Trevor