RE: Europa-List: Re: Aluminium Elbow

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Aluminium Elbow
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 09:24:34
The LAA have issued LAA Standard Mod 14809 to permit the use of an
aluminium elbow with a bend angle of between 45 degrees and 60 degrees
to suit individual aircraft as there is build variation that can affect
this angle.  As Profuel fuel proof hose is not immediately available the
mod also permits the continued use of lengths of the original factory
supplied hose, subject to an annual inspection.  This mod should permit
the return to service of any Europa with a failed original rubber hose
and also enable those of us that have had aluminium elbows fitted for a
number of years to record the standard mod in their inspection logs.

If you want to fit a Profuel silicone elbow when they become available
you will have to apply for an individual mod for your aircraft.
Probably the quickest way to do this would be for one person to apply
for a prototype mod and then others can use the Repeat Mod system.  This
works when you are prepared to install an identical mod. I am sorry it
was not possible to include this option in the standard mod as we
don=99t have an LAA aircraft with one fitted to form the basis of
the standard mod.

I have attached a copy of the Standard Mod to save searching the LAA
website.

Regards

Brian