Re: Europa-List: Re: ELT

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: ELT
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:29:15
Hmmm thanks the very same thought had occurred to me.

In Colombia I am not required to have anti collision or navigation lights
or an ELT.  However I plan to re register my aircraft in the USA when I get
there and so I am getting ready for compliance in the USA where both are
required, as I understand it.

Also I haven't decided on my route.  Essentially there are or were three
options.
1.  Right:  Over venezuela to trinidad and then up the islands.  Until
venezuela began suffering "issues"  this was the preferred route.  Both
relatively quick and fun.
2.  Middle:  BOG Santa Marta, Curacao, Santo Domingo.  This is 350nm over
sea.  Fast but 350 miles over the sea....hmmmm
3.  Left - up Central America.    This has 100m over the Darien Gap which
is tall jungle.  to Ditch in the jungle is probably as dangerous if not
more so than sea.  So I figure an ELT might be useful in this case.

I am researching....

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744