Europa-List: Crossing Water

Subject: Europa-List: Crossing Water
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 12:18:10
Now with HJ460 in flight testing I am preparing to fly to the USa early
next year.

There are three choices of route

   - Central America which has variable weather and lots of different
   jurisdictions.  There is also the Darien Gap which might as well be sea
   becasue there are no possibilities for engine out.
   - Cartagena  Curacao DR Key West - CUR SDQ is 350nm over water
   - Curacao-Trinidad and up the island chain.  Curacao Trinidad is over
   500nm

The general advice is to go straight CUR SDQ because the weather is more
predictable, which I fond quite scary.

Has anyone done this sort of thing?  I believe I saw that someone had
crossed the atlantic....

Has anyone done an aux tank installation for a Trigear?

What is the experience with PLB in the Caribbean if any?

Many thanks

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT