Europa-List: vibrations (again :)

Subject: Europa-List: vibrations (again :)
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 02:17:27

Hi All,

I posted this over on the Rotax list as well, but thought I would try here too.

Some of you know (as you have been helpful off list) that I have been trying to
solve a prop vibration issue.

Well, I am pretty sure it is solved. (via a new prop)

The spectrum I get now shows a small peak at 3xpropRPM and at propRPM I am in
the
noise floor of the data. So the contribution to vibration is small.

Sadly, I can't flight test here just yet, as I am waiting for some paperwork to
come through for the national reg change. So I can not do the final closeout
of the issue. I hope to do so in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, I want to try to understand some further points on the spectra
I gathered from the tests.

I can see two large peaks. One is at crankRPM and the other at halfCrankRPM.

Can anyone help out with what is a normal vibration level to see from the
spectrum
at the crank and half-crank frequencies for a Rotax 912UL (80Hp)?

I have data spanning engRPM of 2300 to 5200. The peaks obviously increases as
the
engine speed increases.

Cheers

Jon