Europa-List: Tailplane pivot bearings - log book entry, what is it?

Subject: Europa-List: Tailplane pivot bearings - log book entry, what is it?
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 04:43:19

Hi All,

I am going back through all of the logs of my aircraft and there is a "Check
Tailplane
Pivot Bearings for Wear" entry, occurring annually. With the compliance
statement as "Wear measured at 0.003" (Limit 0.01")".

There is no SI or SB instruction referenced against it; so I don't know exactly
to what it is referring.

At the last inspection I was advised that this was wear between TP12 and TP11,
and indeed there is a small amount of vertical play in the port tailplane in
that
direction. However nothing that is worrying.

I will probably take out the tailplane soon to install the clamps as SB15
Locitite
doesn't hold for ever; and I am planning to address this play at the same
time.

Best

Jon

Read this topic online here: