Europa-List: Arplast, closing down and PV50 support

Subject: Europa-List: Arplast, closing down and PV50 support
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:14:13

Hi fellow PV50 owners (and owners of other Arplast props)

Has anyone else heard that apparently Arplast are closing down due to product
litigation
against them.

I am going to try to contact them for support on my prop next week. However a
view
of their website has an Adeiu Arplast press release on it. I bounced it off
a French speaker I know on another forum and apparently it is very direct in
its statements towards the French appeals court, that allegedly over ruled
product
laws and aviation expert witnesses in the award of unspecified compensations.
Obviously only their side of the story is displayed.

Therefore I am wondering if anyone has more details on this? To bring balanced
information to light. But also are there any places I could go for advice and
support on the prop.

I have seemingly excessive play in the tips of 2 blades. The third has a small
amount of play but isn't concerning. The documentation available on the PV50 is
pitiful and therefore I have no way of knowing the play limits allowed, or if
anything can be done to address the play.

Therefore what I am looking for is as follows:-

1) play limits allowed on each blade
2) can anything be done by me to improve the play
3) any advice on getting the pv50 overhauled if required.

Thanks

Jon

Read this topic online here: