Europa-List: Rudder hinge pin and stb cable hole and 3rd inspection hole

Subject: Europa-List: Rudder hinge pin and stb cable hole and 3rd inspection hole
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 19:41:45
I have fitted the rudder which went fine.

However I noticed some binding the middle hinge and therefore cut the hinge
pin and cleaned out the epoxy that was causing the binding.  However on
refitting the pin I am afraid of damaging the rudder hinge mounting point
if I use the recommended method of securing the pin....ie by bending it.
Is there a way to do this without stressing the hinge mounting?

Secondly does anyone have a clever method of locating the hole for the stbd
rudder cable...I cant seem to see intuitively where to locate it.

Finally I see in the on line manual a third inspection hole below the tail
towards the rear of the fuze.  My manual from 2004 doesnt have this.  Of
course I noticed this after I glued the top on.  Has anyone retrofitted
this inspection hole with the top already on?

Thanks in advance

Will